The Little Things That Make You Smile

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Kenneth Ray Ahlemeyer


As my son lays on the floor next to me, he plays. I look down at him and am amazed. Amazed at how quick he had learned so many things. It's just incredible.It took him no longer than a week to learn how to stick out his tongue and spit. No longer than a month to crawl and just out of no where he's learned how to grab his Binky and put it in his mouth. He still is struggling with putting the Binky in the right way but still that's a big achievement.
As he plays on the floor, he looks up. "HI, MOMMY!" his smile said. His smile stretched from ear to ear. I know no one could ever take that smile from me. His two cute little bottom teeth poking out of his gums. Which didn't take very long for them to come in.
As he smiles at me from the floor, he chuckles. It sounded as if someone had tickled him. Which is the hardest laugh to get but, the cutest. When he mumbles to me he squeaks, though, it's the funniest and cutest little squeak. When he tries to sound out words but only gets babbles it makes me smile. The way he pokes out his lips trying to get his mouth to make different sounds.
I love to watch him try to crawl across the floor making it look like he's hopping like a frog to keep his balance. Every little thing he does warms my heart.

0 comments: