Thursday, September 25, 2008

In one of my recent blogs I talk about my parenting. Last night I had one of the worst experiences in my life, so far. As a worried mother I had to think on my feet and not panic. My 14 month old little boy had just gotten bitten on the face by our own dog for the 3rd time. Unlike the times before, nothing serious had happened a little scrape here and a couple scratches there. This time, my boy had to get stitches. Twelve to be exact. That's where my parenting ability is not questioned. To see how quick I rush to help him and my mother used her own hand to keep the gashes from bleeding. As we drove to the Childrens ER I did not panic or speed and I held my ground. Yes I was shaking and my heart was hurting for my son, but there is a time for all of that and that is after my child has been taken care of. The Doctor was great and did everything he could to make Kenny feel comfortable. Up until they had to hold him down to sew him up. At that point where he was being sewn up he had fallen asleep for a few minutes from fighting the two nurses that held him down. At least that is the story from my mother, I could not bare to sit in the room and watch my precious son being held down and a needle going in and out of his face, while screaming. Other than making me woosie, I would cry because there is nothing I could do. My mother has been there for my brother's stitches in his forehead and a lot of deep cuts needing medical attention. Usually was covered by butterfly bandaids. After everything had gone down, my mother told me I did great and handled the situation wonderful. I do remember the feeling of wanting to hurtle the baby gate to get to the washclothes in the linen closet to use to put pressure on the wound. As a mother I protect my child so tomorrow the dog will be gone. I have already recieved a call from Animal Control which I have to return their call tomorrow. This would be the first report on the dog but the second time the dog has bit him and him needing to be seen. Now he's on antibiotics getting better and is still cheerful as he was before. He isn't afraid of the dog but I curtainly am. Fearful for this to happen again and her just mawl him the next time. I made my baby's beautiful face and I'm not ready to deal with him losing it and my masterpiece being ruined. He's a beautiful little boy and will always be in my eyes.

0 comments: